View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 09:48 AM   #5
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Many people have used cam locks for quick connections on water lines...And I plan to do so when I eventually replace my current water line.

However currently I used standard Barb coupling fitting.... with a couple of clamps. The Secret to using these is to have a source of heat, to warm the pipe some when connecting and tightening the clamp.... I have been doing this now for I think 4 years, with out any problems.... (My house sprung several leaks which had to be mended....age, and wear on the rocks.....) ...

One of the better decisions I made was going back to drawing water from the lake, instead of sharing a well with a neighbor who was kind enough to offer the option to me... But well in the end I liked to open in the spring, and close in the fall far earlier and later then the neighbor was comfortable with, and it was their well after all...............

I have found that a well is nice, but it doesn't do anything to make my season longer or shorter... so I can't justify the cost of putting a well in, for my families seasonal camp.....