View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 10:41 AM   #58
livefreeordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
Honestly, you can't be serious. I mean, I love a spirited discussion more than most. Even one that becomes an argument.
But this topic? Although I am neutral on it (very seldom do I travel over 40 MPH, and never go out at night) , I read most of the posts about the speed limits. But they have long since turned into the same regurgitated garbage over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again! All this thread is, is a disguise to start it up again. Anyone can see this.
I mean, the speed limit being bad for business?????? Business is, and going to be, way way off this year. Probably fatal for many places. And the speed limit has little, if anything to do with it.
Here is a great example as to why this topic is good to discuss. As a kid I worked at sandy point as a dock boy on weekends. I would get 10-25 boats a night all larger boats from other ends of the lake. I can't see any more than 5% of those people making the trip this year becaus of the 25mph. Most won't come by car do to how long it takes to drive there.