View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 08:12 AM   #81
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk-lnt View Post
I've been to Manchester several times. I have also been to Portland, San Francisco, and Seattle a fair bit (among several other places).

In those other cities the problem is hardly "out of sight, out of mind", it is more like "watch where you are walking so you don't step in ****". Having a bum in San Francisco hassle you for "some spare change" while wearing a $150 pair of Timberland's is quite fun (I offered to give him $50 for the boots, my offer was not accepted...).

Manchester, and other NH towns, definitely have their issues, but I'd take them any day over most of the large west coast towns.
I don't disagree but don't act like NH doesn't have it's fair share of drug problems, every city does.
And to put a political spin on it as though it's a liberal-Democratic problem, as some have posted, is ridiculous. This problem was caused by the Corporate greed of the big drug Companies. They have created more addicts over the past 10 to 20 years than illegal drugs coming in from other counties.
These illegal drugs are just feeding the addicts that got hooked on legal drugs now that the legal drug supplies are being more closely regulated.
They need to put more of these drug Company CEO's in jail and hope they don't get pardoned.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote