View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 11:24 AM   #15
jbolty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
This are good points, and the Forum would certainly be less valuable with only cheerleading. OTOH, we should remain conscious of the impact that negative posts can have. For that reason, unless it was REALLY horrendous, never going there again bad, I would not post about a single unhappy experience after a handful of good experiences.

Lemongrass has been terrific for a long time. Let's hope Sue's latest experience was an aberration.
This. a negative comment can do real damage to a place and I don't see the point of going out of the way to hurt a business after a single bad experience following a good history. In this particular case I think the OP was balanced but there are quite often posts made in anger that really serve no purpose other than venting.

How many times do all get asked "how is everything?" and respond "Fine" when it really isn't and then fume about it later? I have but I seldom then go out of the way to post a dig online; I had my chance to complain on the spot and didn't.

If it's a regular spot with a bad day I'll say something or just hope it's better next time and then eventually point it out.

my 2 cents
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote