View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #95
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by RailroadJoe View Post
PATMAN There is a sign about 150 yards pass Johnson heading south on RT 11 that goea back to 55. I always have a line of cars behind me doing the 55 from Alton circle to Farmington. Some even pass me and the cars behind me doing about 70. I have to have my speedomoter checked. Maybe its off a few MPH.

And yes the speed limit was set way back when, but there were not as many cars on the road then and they realy didn't do 70 MPH. THey just raised the limit on I93, maybe they can increase the 30 MPH to 40, as many do that anyway.
I'll do 60, maybe 65 if with traffic, but I will not go over 65 and rarely even over 60 on Rt-11, we see way to many cops traveling that road. There are signs in both directions ramping the speed back up after Johnsons. It should drop down there as it is an intersection and a busy restaurant with lots of cars coming and going.
Lakesrider I have seen that bumper sticker. I dislike bumper stickers but was thinking of having Gator signs print it out for me in letters so I can put it across the bottom of the tailgate on my truck.