View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 10:27 AM   #88
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
So read through this thread quickly.... I haven't been to any of the common man restaurants in several years now.... Nor have a been to any of the restaurants owned by Magic Foods Restaurant Group.... Both Corporate entities have taken the charm away from eating out in the lakes Region. They have taken control of so many places, that they can charge and do charge astronomical prices... Unfortunately the State of NH is in pretty deep with the Common Man Corporation, allowing them to control the Rest Areas......Which simply makes maters worse

Both these Corporations are aimed at one thing fleecing the Tourists.... and thus also fleecing the locals.... After spending 20$ on 2 hot dogs, chips, and 2 soda for my son and I likely 7-8 years ago, I swore I would never eat in a common man establishment again.... I have held true to my word.....
Been to the Common Man in Ashland a number of times and found their food to be very good and fairly priced...hardly a tourist trap. After reading your post and not having been there this year, I thought maybe they drastically increased prices in their menu recently but no I didn't find that. Here's their menu which I find quite in line or better than other non Common Man restaurants in the area...nothing stood out at all as being out of line price-wise.

https://www.thecman.com/wp-content/u...inner-Core.pdf

Magic Foods which is owned by local entrepreneur Scott Ouellette and Andy Juhasz, manage the best restaurants in the Lakes Region to include my favorite O's. I have never felt "fleeced" after dining there and I am certainly not a tourist. We have hired their catering service on a number of occasions and everything from service to quality of food has been stellar! They will be catering my upcoming "island party" and I expect it to be as always an outstanding experience!!

If your bashing all these fine establishments because of a couple of over priced hot dogs you bought at the town docks, that's simply not fair...

Dan