View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 09:43 PM   #59
AB_Monterey

Default I rememeber that day....

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwamcross View Post
We enjoy sitting on the deck for dinner at Shibleys and have had some memorable entertainment.

The first time, my son and I arrived before the rest of the family; once we were seated, looked out and about 300 yards offshore is a MP boat with lights flashing next to a small boat which appeared down at the bow (a little unusual). On closer inspection, saw a wheel toward the stern on our side. Turns out the owner of the new boat, trailer AND pickup truck had his friend back the boat down the ramp while he was in it. They hadn't yet taken off the rear tiedowns. Instead of the friend stepping on the brake to stop, he stepped on the gas. The boat, attached to the trailer and the pickup floated out until the pickup sank, so we were looking at the boat still attached to the trailer with the trailer still attached to the pickup truck which was now at the bottom of the lake. Had to get a flatbed, a diver took the cable out, freed the boat from the trailer and took it to the dock, disconnected the trailer and dragged the pickup out on its side, then went back and hooked up the trailer and dragged it out as well. Boat and trailer (after some cleaning and repair survived but the pickup was toast.
I was coming in from a day on the lake and my dock was just past the public docks and saw that. Couldn't figure out what was up with his bow until I saw the trailer. YIKES.
AB_Monterey is offline   Reply With Quote