View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 05:09 PM   #43
Shreddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnisquamer View Post
I have been lucky prior to this season. Last season I had 2 incidents where I was "that" guy both in the same day. Memorial day weekend trying to fuel up with 100 other people waiting, we put in about 140$ worth of gas and then the boat wouldn't start. Dead in the water, starter was shot with everyone waiting.

Then after getting a ride to my house luckily just around the corner to get the truck and trailer, I tried to tow it out with my Wrangler which cant tow worth a damn and couldn't even make it up the ramp where more people were clearly waiting.

Learned two things that day, although I know the Wrangler is a useless tow vehicle, I thought towing it 1,000 feet for service would be fine and that diagnosing electrical problems on the fly is not my strong suit.
This ever happens again take a tool on board (hammer, screwdriver, something hard enough and able to reach the started and try tapping it with some force. Should free up the gears a bit and enable it to spin. It's a temp fix in a bind like that to get it spinning but still will likely need replacing.