Thread: Sailing
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 10:32 PM   #25
elchase

Why are some people on this forum so sensitive and argumentative? I chose the wrong word. I was not PC. I apologized. I should not have implied that sailing seemed less safe when boats were allowed to drive as fast as they wanted. I should have put it a way that I think everyone can agree...it was crazy out there. I should have just said what I think we all agree on...the lake is much saner this year. I had lost my interest in fishing and sailing before last summer. I was just not enjoying these more passive activities in the aggressive environment that our lake had become. I had given up much of my boating too. Just as you are allowed to your opinion, I am entitled to mine, and that is it. Last summer, things started to seem more sane. I don't know why. The economy and weather were not excuses then. We did not have "the law" yet, although I suppose the MP test did have many boaters slowing down. But whatever the reason, last summer was great. This summer is better. I am sailing and fishing again and enjoying both. I'm hearing a lot of friends say the same things. Please don't put words in my mouth or try to make this into a speed limit debate so you can have me blackballed from the forum. I know from what I've seen in other threads how those who dare express disagreement with the "speed limits are bad" attitude are persecuted and branded trolls. That is not me. But that does not mean I have to wimp out and pretend I don't like the present environment on the lake.