Thread: It Passed!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 08:31 AM   #38
ApS

Default LFOD? Free at last...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakegeezer
Fear 1 - Common Sense - 0

One more slide down the slippery slope. A sad day for the people of NH when the process of law is used to combat fear. What's next? There is always a crowd with money in their pockets that is afraid of something or other. Land of the Free? Home of the brave? Not as much as it was....
And what would be "common sense" to 180 summer camp directors? Hmmm?

Actually, it was only in the closing week that I thought the bill didn't look so good. I'd bumped into a politically-well-connected gentleman from Rye, who said that New Hampshire was "fiscally conservative" but "socially libertarian". He didn't give the bill much of a chance. Yesterday's split, 193-139, said otherwise.

As to banning cruisers, what precedent exists for such a law? Lake speed limits have been in effect all over for ages—even smaller New Hampshire lakes: I'm unaware of cruiser banning—anywhere.

Boy, are the go-fasts mad "over there". They want to know where the supporters live on the lake, so they can make their lives miserable!

LG: Winnipesaukee boaters were "Home of the Brave" last year—thousands of us—as you just stated. There's less reason to be "brave" now.

Last edited by ApS; 02-03-2006 at 05:04 PM.