Thread: It Passed!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2006, 09:39 PM   #23
winnilaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Jack
Assuming this can make it through the senate, we will now be able to see what NHRBA really is.
Fat Jack, I know you're chuckling to yourself "We actually did it." But as I stated before, I'm not a GFBL boater, I have a 2 year old son and a 4 year daughter, my boat barely does 55 mph in my family cruiser. So I will continue to shape NHRBA into something that will make a difference, more NWZ's where needed, better signs at docks about the 150 safe passage, etc. and yes to continue to monitor legislative rulings. We still have a lot to do on better water access for other lakes. So while HB162 is one step closer to becoming a reality, my position is still the same and will continue to get boaters together to be better informed and to promote boating safety. There was tragic accident this past summer on Lake George and they have a speed limit. So there is always room for improvement. So I imagine some members of NHRBA will, as you say, fade away, but many more really want to make a difference with it.