View Single Post
Old 12-21-2004, 06:06 PM   #21
Lady Di

Default Oh ToW...

I don't need snow outside to sit in front of the fire and enjoy my wine
with my SO, in this case husband. IF we REALLY need to have some snow, there's always TWC. Or a Hallmark movie for that cuddly feeling.

I also don't have to go out with a pick axe to get some more logs.

Oh......a really BIG bonus for us this year, was all the FREE wood that was parked at the roadsides after the hurricanes.

For us, at least, there was no damage. There was quite a bit of damage from Jeanne about a quarter mile from us, and some was really, really extensive, but we never lost power. This is not a regular occurence, however, like say........oh........blizzards?

I love it when it's like this here. It was nice and cold this morning, and for whomever asked about the freeze, there was some concern, but I don't think anything was lost this time. It's early yet, though.

Today warmed up to the high 60's....and there was a smell in the air just
like May in NH.

Every place has its good and not so good. I liked Meredith in September, and I like Mount Dora in the winter. It's nicknamed "The New England of the South". Lovely town, lovely people, lovely winters. Not so lovely
summers, but what the heck. A girl can't have everything, now can she?

I remember hearing lakes "talk" in the winter. Some of those messages were when we were driving in Wolfeboro bay.....and realized it might be wise to get off the ice, and back to The Bubble.
Lady Di is offline   Reply With Quote