Thread: Power back on
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 12:07 PM   #11
Sue Doe-Nym

Default Buyer Beware: Generac

This is a follow up regarding our non-functioning Generac. The salesman/serviceman arrived this morning, checked everything out and fiddled with some wires, announced that he could find nothing wrong, and therefore couldn’t charge Generac for the service call, and so we were presented with an invoice for $190! He could tell that the system had recorded 4 times the thing had failed, but since he didn’t need to order a part from Generac, it’s our responsibility to fork over the $190. He miGht have a long wait.
I am upset because we seem to have purchased a lemon, and there is no one advocating for us. We can’t be absolutely certain that the generator will kick in when it’s needed. What good is that?????
So....bottom line...be wary of Generac. Also, I hate to bash the dealer, as he is a nice guy, but he’s willing to hang us out to dry. Deyab Electric in Ossipee. I unleashed a barrage of rather unladylike language on him before he left, and I should perhaps be sorry, but I am not. We will take this episode up with Generac on Monday, and it probably won’t get much traction. I am not a quitter, so stay tuned if you don’t have anything better to do.
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote