Thread: My First Boat!
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 07:48 PM   #24
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts
Default Great boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2717 View Post
Well still the one I used today, but I bought it in September of 2006 the same weekend we closed on our camp on Paugus Bay.
It is a 1988 Colbalt 23BR. 23 footer, Bow Rider. Loaded to the gills with top of the line 1988 quality, everything still works!! Love her, the best thing about it no payments, just paid cash for her from Thurston's and said not only a great learner boat and safe for the family, she was and still is very cost effective
I would love to upgrade, but cannot let her go or the idea of making payments on our favorite family toy. We have decided to drive her to the bottom of Lake Winni and then search out for another one, so it might be this year, or 20 years from now, who knows, best riding boat out there in my mind, because she is mine LOL

It is a lot different from the boat I used to drive as a 1st mate, which was the Spirit of Boston dinner and dancing cruise ship, but the "Never Land" runs and moves a lot better!!!

Named after the Disney Movie Peter Pan for my wife and daughter (who is 4) who are disney fanatics, (I am to but I wanted a mythology name), and also for wanting to never get to land when we are on the lake!
I would not be in a hurry to get a new boat. Those 80's Cobalts are great- lots of freeboard and heavy.
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post: