Thread: My First Boat!
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 01:26 PM   #15
VtSteve

My first was an old 12' aluminum Sea Nymph with a 5hp Gale Buccaneer outboard. I wasn't allowed to use the motor, so I used to row the boat the length of Meredith Neck down to the coves at the end, sometimes all around Sally's Gut and beyond. Once I was allowed to use the motor, I frequently travelled to the Golden Horseshoe, the Weirs, down to Glendale and sometimes much further.

My dad had three boats we used later on. An old Lone Start, probably 18' or so, a 17' Glastron outboard, and a 21' Galaxy stern drive. We drove around in those boats constantly back then.

The first boat I bought new was a 1994 Larson 175 with a 4 cylinder Volvo stern drive. Had that one on Winni back then for a long vacation. I bought a new 22' Stingray cuddy in the winter of 2007, after nearly ten years boatless. It's been a great 3 years, except for lat year's the summer that wasn't.

Near as I can recall, I have been on the boats of my family's friends since I was five years old, and have driven and/or owned a boat since 1964/1965 range. If it weren't for golf, I dare say I wouldn't spend much time on land in the summers at all.
VtSteve is offline   Reply With Quote