View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 12:20 PM   #5
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Download Malwarebytes, if you do not already have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclaker View Post
I believe it is just a software problem. It usually takes forever to get windows explorer to find a web site. It keeps telling me window explorer is not responding. Sometimes Mindspark is not responding. I have tried deleting cookies, etc and that doesn't work. Thankfully this IPad works fine, but I need the computer to do my income tax return.
Download and run Malwarebytes from malwarebytes.com . It is a free download, and I run mine every three or four weeks. When you go to run a scan, it will ask if you want to update the software, and the answer is yes.

I too am having some problems with Explorer not responding. I do find that using Chrome or Mozilla eases, but does not eliminate, the problem. I seem to get a lot of "long running scripts", causing the Explorer not to respond.

Also, look down in your "tray" where the clock is, and see how many programs you have running. I had about 6 programs that were running at startup that didn't need to be running until I needed them. Those programs I just went into the properties or options and unchecked the automatically start on a restart or booting of the computer. For instance, I have a Sky Caddy Gps for golf, and the updater software when it installed set itself up to start on boot up of the computer. I may only use the computer software once a month or so. No need to have it run and use up resources.

Hope this may help a little.

Good luck.