View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 10:56 AM   #19
jmen24

RG, I am so happy that all you had was a vet bill and short amount of distress with this happening, you are very lucky.

My parents lost one of our GSP's three years ago to this very same issue, as it happened during the night, it was to late by morning as he had already expired, the mess in the kitchen told the tale, he was 14. Apparently he felt a change in menu was desired and decided the cobs looked better than the usual sock (which are another issue all together, but come up much easier).

It just amazes me the things that dogs will get into, the mother of the boy mentioned above was notorious for eating whatever, about 10lbs of rabbit food, a jar of vaseline, a box of crayons. One day we came home to her and the father of the boy above after a day of running through the house with chewed up acrylic paint bottles (stencil paint, that started out full), couches, walls, ceilings, beds and floors, they did not discriminate. You would have thought that we were free range artists if you visited us for the months after that mess.

Oh, the stories our friends give us to tell!
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote