View Single Post
Old 10-02-2022, 10:17 AM   #2
LikeLakes

Personally, and I've felt this way for a long time, I feel the answer in all cases is conservation, using less energy in every facet of society from our homes to factories to vehicles. Conservation does not equal renewable as some people tend to lump them. We just need to use less. Less coal, less natural gas, less gasoline, less diesel, and also less solar, less hydro, less wind. Finding cheaper fuel, or building more renewable energy, isn't the answer unless at the same time we are using less.

I will admit out front that I don't always practice conservation. I have boats that burn a fair amount of gas. I have a 3/4 ton pickup that gets awful mpg's. On the other hand we are energy conscious at home. I've been involved in renewable energy projects of several types, and work in a "green" energy business. I feel like nobody has to be perfect, just trying, and I think I fall into that category.

So yes let's try to get energy costs down, let's build out more renewable, let's improve transmission of electric and natural gas. But at the same time we need to make an effort to use less. Part of that is to make it possible for those in lower income situations to use less, which has the double benefit of helping them make ends meet and saving energy at the same time. There are some good programs in place but more can be done.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LikeLakes For This Useful Post: