View Single Post
Old 09-06-2020, 02:51 PM   #17
XCR-700

Is anyone really surprised by the debate?

And the debate is not just the transplants having different opinions and preferences, its also society evolution as well.

What was reasonable and accepted 40 years ago is changing everywhere.

How many people have moved to that area from Mass and brought their Massachusetts values and standards with them, as opposed to how many left Massachusetts to adopt NH standards and values that existed years ago in their memories, but may in fact no longer be the local standards and values???

Most in MA are rabidly anti gun, or believe in many restrictions including when and where you shoot them. So I would expect most to bring that with them to NH. But if you are looking to escape those restrictions, NH may no longer be the place to go.

And least we forget, its all to common for the not in my backyard perspective to make its presence even for those seeking a middle ground.

My closest friends and I are the type who would be looking to move to NH and buy 10 acres each and be able to shoot in our own backyards, and yet most of the people we know and work with would be horrified by that concept, and in truth I dont know if that goal is realistic any more,,,

How do you bridge that gap?

Sorry, I wish I knew,,,

Best of luck to you all, I see a protracted battle ahead on this matter.

Last edited by XCR-700; 09-06-2020 at 04:14 PM.
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote