View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 09:56 AM   #1
webmaster

Thanked 3,727 Times in 824 Posts
Default Weirs Beach Project Ribbon Cutting

I attended the ribbon cutting ceremony yesterday for the improvements at Weirs Beach. They are still cleaning up and putting on the finishing touches but the most important improvements are completed. All the sidewalks, curbs, street lamps and paving is new and the meters are gone and will be replaced by kiosks. There are new standouts for the pedestrian crossings with brick inlays. The most impressive improvement is the complete removal of ALL the wires, cables, polls, transformers, etc. Everything is now underground.

The remarks at the ceremony by several of the people involved were interesting and informative and it was clear that there are many smart and dedicated people who developed this plan. What started as a repaving project ended up a $4.3 million project that could really help Weirs Beach turn the corner, especially when added to the large investments by Flightcraft at the Pier. A speaker commented that many other businesses have said that they are planning improvements in their businesses as well. I'll post more about the improvements at the Pier in another thread.

There's more about the ceremony in this Union Leader article and on NH1.

Here are a few pictures I took yesterday:
Attached Images

webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote