View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 10:23 AM   #1
VitaBene

Thanked 1,608 Times in 823 Posts
Default Please snowmobile responsibly!

I am very glad that we are having a good winter from a snow perspective.

Unfortunately, it has not been a great year with multiple negative interactions between snowmobilers and the landowners who allow us to traverse their properties. We have been served notice that our trail out of Kona Forest onto Morrill Drive will not be allowed any longer due to people not stopping at our stop signs and speeding on the road (that is going to be a fun reroute to pull off). We also have a landowner on the other side of town who was leading a group of horseback riders on HER trails when a group of sleds raced by them creating a bad situation. This type of behavior needs to stop.

I volunteer for the snowmobile club because I believe that it helps our town's businesses and people prosper, but I have a "real" job too. Neither I or my fellow volunteers have the time to run around town posting yet more signs that some people will ignore, regardless of the quantity posted! I can find better things to do with my time.

Stay on the trail or stay home and realize that the person who you irritate (or flip off) may be the landowner whom will shut us down.

Thank you to the majority that snowmobile responsibly!

Regards,

John Harrington President, MSC
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post: