Thread: Face Masks
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 09:11 PM   #176
XCR-700

Exclamation Way off topic,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
Winilyme, I couldn’t say it better....life is way too short to be in such an unhappy place, both mentally and physically. Wasting your days, months, years in a place you detest so much is terrible, and each wasted minute is gone forever. I hope this individual has the gumption to make a change.

All things are easy in a perfect world, but in our world with 2 full time working professionals, relocating and leaving our current jobs behind is not so easy.

And both my wife and I were children of gypsys, and were moved around so many times we cant count the houses we lived in and we both agreed that if there was any way possible, we would not subject our children to that and we wanted our children to live in the same place from 1st grade until the end of high school. I am proud to say we are now within 3 years of the end of that journey.

Once our second son is out of high school, we are gone!

We were recently very tempted by a house in Gilford, that checked all the boxes, but it only took a moment to know what the impact to a sensitive kid would be to relocate him 3 years from graduation and from all the friends he has known since preschool.

Given my last vacation was like 9 years ago, and the one before that maybe 7 years more, and that I have never taken 2 weeks in a row, I think I can endure even Massachusetts for 3 more years. Maybe a vacation in between would help, but I'm not promising,,,

Some may disagree with our values and goals, but my wife and I do EVERYTHING for the kids. We are trying very hard to give them better lives than we had as kids, and so far we have pulled it off. So I dont see myself giving up when we are so close to the end.

Hoping wherever we end up, will be a place the kids will want to visit often, and so far they both love NH and its a place we all enjoy.

Living in Massachusetts has been a means to an end that we gladly endured for the outcome we desire.

So shed no tears for me, I seek no pity.

TICK, Tick, tick,,,

Last edited by XCR-700; 07-25-2020 at 10:27 PM.