View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 07:22 AM   #71
Winnisquamguy

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHKathy View Post
We got up early Friday morning to head to the Lake for the weekend to open up the cottage and as we were getting everything ready to go, we heard the news of what was developing in Watertown. We left RI around 6AM.
Needless to say, instead of listening to music for the ride up like we normally do, we had on news radio for the entire 3.5 hr trip...
There were noticeably a lot of state troopers and other police vehicles along the highway in different areas, especially around the Mass Pike area of Rt.495... At this time, early Friday morning - the 2nd bomber was still on the loose and his whereabouts were unknown.
The most interesting part of the ride up was when we were traveling 93 N, somewhere after Concord but before Tilton, around 9:00 -two State Police vehicles flew by us, with their lights on. Then a few minutes later, 2 more go flying by, these two seemed to be going even faster than the first two... We were starting to really wonder what was going on now. Then we notice that the 2nd two vehicles were getting off the rest area exit, the rest area just before Tilton, the rest area we usually make a stop at... Well, we decided we would not stop there today. Then, two more State Police vehicles go by, again with their lights on, and again even faster than the others -we were traveling 75mph and they went by us like we were stopped!
So, as we drive by this rest area, the state troopers (all 6 of them) are surrounding a tractor trailer and a man (who I'm assuming was the truck driver) was walking away from the cab, backwards, with his hands in the air.
I wish I thought of videoing this, but all happened so fast, and I was truly kinda scarred at this point, especially because at the time, the 2nd guy was still on the run, or so we thought. Was he in this tractor trailer? Here in NH?? I don't know if this was related to Friday morning's happenings or not -maybe it was just a random check? or maybe it was an unrelated crime? I never heard or saw anything about it, either in the newspaper or on the news.
Anybody else out there see any of this?
Maybe the tractor trailer was filled with marijuana ...after all Saturday was 4/20. I have not read anything in the local papers about it.