View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #49
Winnisquamguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
I am not concerned at all and it was an appropriate reaction to the situation. Think of all of the damage more bombings in the city could have caused. Fenway Park, Sumner Tunnel, The Garden? Think of the uncertainty on the part of the citizens of Boston if they knew this subject was still on the loose and capable of more terrorism. Think of the additional costs of security to government and private industry everywhere if this subject had remained on the loose. Think of the "closure" and steps toward emotional healing the killing of one brother and capture of the other brought to the families of those killed and injured.

Look at the mesage this appropriate and swift justice sends to any potential future terrorists. Don't try this or any similar act of terrorism, we will hunt you down and bring you to justice!

No, I'm not concerned at all! Great job by all of those involved!
Quote:
The only negative here is that the second subject was not killed during the capture. Now we (taxpayers) can hire a lawyer for him, pay for a shrink, and house him for the next 60 or so years at a cost in the millions of dollars.
Tim McViegh (Oklahoma City bomber)only lasted about 5 years before he was put down. The Feds don't mess around.