View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 08:09 AM   #26
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMI Guy View Post
I'm curious as to how you think we might be encouraging this type of thing. Unless we want to give up our essential liberties and live in a police state, there's always going to be a risk that some a**hole is going to do something crazy. And unless you're pretty high up in state or local law enforcement or employed by a three letter federal agency, you have no idea what kind of intelligence gathering, threat assessment and counter-terrorism operations are going on to keep us safe.
Well when those three lettered agencies, department of homeland security and even the so called president of the USA all out refuse to call terrorism by name, and refuse to recognize where it's source is that is a fundamental problem don't you think? Doesn't take a police state to do common sense surveillance and yes profiling of those who commonly would carry out such acts.

What happened yesterday regardless of who perpetrated it was terrorism, I find it fascinating that the president's comments later on that day omitted the obvious.

While I have no desire to may political hay out of such a despicable act - the fact it happened doesn't surprise or shock me in the least. Why? Because until the political correctness gets out of the way of identifying what causes this behavior to occur history is destined to repeat itself.

My heartfelt condolences to the families of those that lost loved ones, and to those that were injured my prayers for their families who will be forever changed as a result of this.

Finally BI, thankfully you were not hurt bad.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote