View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #6
Just Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
Just Sold, that boat is a long way from the NWZ. Don't forget that the NWZ only exists South-West of the big new marker.

Now obviously your boat, like all boats is a moving NWZ. So if he passed within 40' he must be traveling slower than 6 mph. It looks like he is traveling right around that speed. He is allowed to make headway speed in a NWZ even if he makes a wake. He may be cheating a little at 7 or 8 mph but I think your wrong to call him out as unobservant. There are must more agregious violators everyday.
He was not the one specifically called out as un-observant. The one who got pulled over by the MP was the obvious un-observant operator. The cruiser in this case was, in my opinion, exceeding the 150' No Wake/6 MPH rule as it related to my boat but I never said that operator was not observant...just violating a rule. I said 40' away but I really think it was closer to 30' and well above a minimum manuvering speed. He knew we were there and he could see the MP who was much farther out from shore and he went over 150' to the right as he passed the MP boat.

BTW I was there getting ready to take pictures of the "Great Escape."

Last edited by Just Sold; 07-11-2011 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Removed photo references