Thread: Hobbs - Ossipee
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 07:50 AM   #18
Tired of Waiting

Default Maybe so, But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bob View Post
First , these people have a fortune sunk into this place and it came out fantastic ! Been there a few times and the food has been great . The prices are what you find on a regular basis across the country for the type food they serve . You might be surprised to find the number of people that do go out a few nights a week ( me included ) and spend this and more . ( also explains why I take Lipitor )
Seeing a lot of the locals complaining on a regular basis about prices and the bad economy , guess what , Other then NH the economy is recovering just fine and we are out spending money !!
Try the 16 buck burger at Lavinias , now that is worth taking the second Lipitor for, and who cares how much it is !!
I see you are from Florida, maybe not a year round local. Also how many folks are well off enough to go out and drop close to $100 a week "or more" on dinner? Maybe you can go out and afford $400 - 600 a month on dinner but I venture MOST locals cannot Nor could very many vacationers.

I have driven past Hobbs several times and see many cars in the parking lot. It reminds me of a place back home. A brew house with great meals. When they opened they were so busy they would not take reservations on Friday or Saturday and the wait times averaged 45 minutes. However a year or so later and they now take reservations any day and there is NO wait even on Friday or Saturday. The parking lot is never full.

What happened? the uniqueness of the place wore off and the "locals" stopped going for the food. They do continue to go in for the brew however.

I hope you are right and they do well and stay in business. Only time will tell.

ToW
Tired of Waiting is offline   Reply With Quote