View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 11:11 AM   #36
RLW

Thumbs up Great beginning of a great day

It sure is a great beginning of a perfect day for the winter carnival starting off with a fantastic breakfast at the Masonic Lodge (Thanks guys). Kids, adults and grand parents all appear to be having fun. The helicopter has set up for giving rides and there are a few planes that appear to be doing there practice landings and takeoffs. There are many kids and parents out doing their ice fishing and a couple of guys going around and drilling the holes for them which is a great gesture. The biggest problem I see is parking as they have taken a good portion of the parking area for vendors and I being handicapped could not find a handicap spot in the whole bay area including the one beside Amilyne's store. We had hoped to stop and see the bed race, but I'm sure one will not be able to park unless you chose to walk a mile. I believe this day surely will give the local businesses the shot in the arm that they need this winter.
Thanks to all that have contributed to putting on this fine fun filled day and the good lord for the perfect weather for it.