View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 10:01 AM   #29
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia View Post
I find it interesting that open carry is a right, never to be infringed on, but paddle boarders should be banned at a public dock because they get in the way of motorboats.

Really not looking to spark debate, just find it interesting.
Why, a gun in a holster has no impact on anyone, but an unpowered vessel trying to navigate in close quarters sharing the same space with much larger powered vessels presents a very real danger of being unable to avoid a potential impact when you throw in the challenges of other boats wakes, wind, current, etc.

These are simple mechanical matters, not personal fears.

Its not a matter of preference, its hard facts, which is what we should be basing risk on.

Now if you are taking about so reasonable standards that should be applied to open carry, such as the need for the gun to have a retention strap if it is carried in any other position than upright, or when not in a fitted holster, we might have a middle ground here. I'll be the first to say we cannot have guns falling our of holsters hitting the ground. We can also discuss handling of firearms in crowded areas, clearly racking a slide or rotating a cylinder in Market Basket is bad for everyone! Factual details are where we need to focus, not on fantasy or fear mongering.

Does that help to change your perspective on either matter at all?

If not, all I can say is you are entitled to your opinion, you will get no personal attack from me.

ATB
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: