Thread: Vaccinations
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 07:57 PM   #363
winniplayhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
Schedule for 2nd Pfizer dose

CDC: "You should get your second shot as close to the recommended [Pfizer] 3-week or [Moderna] 4-week interval as possible. However, your second dose may be given up to 6 weeks (42 days) after the first dose, if necessary. You should not get the second dose early. ​There is currently limited information on the effectiveness of receiving your second shot earlier than recommended or later than 6 weeks after the first shot."

In Plymouth they scheduled my 2nd Pfizer dose exactly 4 weeks after the 1st dose, even though there are earlier appointments available. Walgreens was chastised by the CDC for the same practice and they stopped doing it. I wonder why the Plymouth site is doing this. I'm not saying any harm was done, I'm just wondering why they wouldn't follow the recommended interval.
It's not just the Plymouth site. Belmont is doing it too and as far as I'm aware all the state-run sites. You can go into your VINI account and change it if you'd like. WARNING: I had a family member linked to my account and when they scheduled the second doses in Plymouth they "unlinked" us which meant when I changed my second dose appointment it did not change my family member's appointment and I had no way to access their appointment as my +1 (I can see all their personal info on my account but not their appointment info). One hour on hold with 211 later and they were able to change that appointment. It was a little annoying just because of dealing with the +1 but other than that, super easy to change the second dose to closer to 3 weeks (for Pfizer) if you would like to.