View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 07:26 AM   #24
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
I agree. I am so sick and tired of this attitude. We pay a LOT in property taxes-a lot more than these people who say they come and boat and buy gas and groceries and beer so spend money in the state. This argument that the state owns the lake although true, is getting old. For those taxes we pay, we deserve peace and quiet and should be able to be outside to enjoy it. Again, I wonder how these boaters would like it if 50 cars had a big loud party on their sidewalk in front of their house. And please don't say we are entitled. A few boats with people enjoying a swim is fine, but when they are inconsiderate it is just plain disgusting. This feud between property owners and boaters is scary. I know I will be attacked for this but I had to say it.
I don't overall disagree with you—the root problem here is inconsiderate people. My problem is two-fold: 1. That areas get taken away, making other areas more populated and problematic. So, people squish into Braun Bay, Small's Cove, etc. because Kona Bay and others are closed or heavily defended by homeowners who "own" the waterfront. 2. A core part of that equation, and the ability to exert influence, revolves around $$$.

I don't always agree with Sununu, but I'll forever remember that he never shut NH's natural spaces down during the CV-19 pandemic...even when they were being treated imperfectly by users.

Find solutions, don't take access away—that will forever be my mantra.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote