View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 09:56 AM   #327
Jdarby

Default When does it end? How can it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
There are several methods of spread, person to person via water droplets is just one means of transmission.

Far as the mask debate that no doubt will rage till the end of time. As our lead doctor has told me as I asked him straight up out of genuine concern for my own family - some of who are at high risk. What does the data thus far show? He told me the science is pretty consistent on this and several ongoing studies continue to trend in this way. He explained it in this way which I think is brilliant for those of us who are not doctors or scientists. You head out to the beach on a bright sunny day with a high UV index. Wearing a mask is as effective as wearing a little bit of sunscreen expecting that will prevent you from getting sunburned. He said that is assuming that everyone was wearing a mask made of the correct material and wearing it correctly. All you have to do is go out in public and see this is not the case.

Is there some benefit? Sure but don't be fooled into thinking this is terribly effective as it is not.

One thing that is undisputed at this point is this thing is highly contagious so exposure to it and spread will not stop and the increase in confirmed cases should be expected but not feared. The fatality rate of this continues to drop and thankfully the acuteness of this as it spreads continues to trend downwards. Unfortunately fear of getting this with the notion it is a death sentence is far more destructive than the virus itself.
I work with a multitude of critical care and emergency physicians from major academic centers (both in the US and abroad) that have a differing opinion than that of the doctor you spoke with. Funny how we all pick and choose what “doctors” we decide to listen to. I guess that’s why everyone should always get a second opinion! I also guess we Americans are far better at spreading it than all those other countries that have successfully curtailed its transmission. They should probably talk to your physician colleague about what exactly they are doing wrong as they really shouldn’t be able to stop it’s spread. Fascinating!

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Jdarby For This Useful Post: