View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 02:49 PM   #318
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie Cougar View Post
Just a day or two ago, Manatee County, where I live, came up with a school opening plan for August.

Kindergarten through fifth grade would go to school five days per week. Those students had the hardest time adjusting to distance-learning. Grade 6 would go four days a week in school and one day of distance learning at home. Middle school and high school would be a combination of in school and at home learning.
They will be putting plastic shields around each desk and distancing each student. Students will be more spread out throughout the school and could be in the cafeteria or other rooms for teaching. There will be hand washing stations in each room. Students will eat lunch in their class room. Students may have to come in split shifts because of the busing situation.
Ugh. So sad. (And you probably left out the no games at recess part.) I'm not saying it's a bad plan, just that it's all the difficulty of school with none of the joy. I hope parents, teachers and kids can figure out something to bring some sort of normalcy.