View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 08:50 AM   #303
Winilyme

Default Fair enough. It's not his opinion, it's his indifference to others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Why? I reread his post several times and still can't understand why is it so "low"? You didn't explain that or give your opinion. Why are you so intolerant of his opinion?
Thank you for asking.

Major's comment - "The highest risk group appears to be fat people. So if you are old and/or fat, the responsibility is yours, not mine, to take care of yourself" is offensive and totally lacking in tolerance or compassion. Like many others have said in multiple threads - this is an "I don't care about you...I care about me" attitude.

My mother-in-law is in her late-90s. Due to medical issues and failing mental capacity, she is incapable of caring for herself. In Major's eyes, she is old and fat. This wonderful woman now relies on compassionate family members and a cadre of outside support to survive. If I may appeal to any sense of compassion in Major, she also supported her young husband through his Air Force service during WWII and through his long fight with cancer afterwards that culminated in his death 38 years ago. She continued to raise her three children after that. If he was alive today, he'd be appalled at the lack of compassion for others that is on full display in many of Major's posts.

If there's anything this nation needs more of right now - it's compassion.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Winilyme For This Useful Post: