View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 07:57 PM   #219
dickiej

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
I don't admire many of the tech leaders as people, and I agree with your implication that too much flows to those at the top, but you seem to be villainizing him just for making a lot of money. Sorry, but we're all capitalists. Aren't we?
It's not just the obscene amount of money he makes....yes, I am a free marketeer and I believe people who work hard and are successful should reap the benefits of that hard work....it's HOW he makes his money....right now he is reaping the benefits off those severely affected from the corona virus...sort of like big pharma making billions literally off of sick people. He treats his employees horribly, particularly the low level warehouse workers.
And maybe the thing that gets me the most is that Amazon and Google are not going to rest until they know EVERYTHING about us: where we go, what we do, what we look at, what we say. Who knew you can't turn Alexa off....she is listening to our conversations 24/7. Who knew that they can watch us through our cameras, notice we have an older refrigerator and send us ads for new ones.
I just find him smarmy, too rich, and invading our privacy even more than we know.
The Following User Says Thank You to dickiej For This Useful Post: