View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 07:58 PM   #75
Mr Cooke's Crew

Unhappy Mr Cooke's Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfromaltonbay View Post
The 1980 Resorter that John Cooke owned was dark green with a saddle colored interior. It also had a Mercruiser 350. The swim platform was teak and got bleached to a silvery gray over the years, he added a flip down ladder to the platform in 1981. He bought it at Channel Marine and stored it there during the winter. The first few years he borrowed someone's trailer to take it to and from Channel, but in 1985 bought a matching dark green trailer (from Penn Yan, NY). I probably have a picture of that too somewhere. John had me take pictures of the boat and trailer for his insurance company and for registering the trailer at home in CT. The boat got sold in early 1998 as part of his estate, and for a few years I did see it occasionally in Alton Bay. Channel Marine took care of the sale. I miss that boat (and the captain too)!
I tried to buy the boat from the estate(I think you remember Gail ) but no. Channel Marine sold it (out of my price range at the time). Not happy about it, I would have keep that boat forever.
Mr Cooke's Crew is offline   Reply With Quote