View Single Post
Old 06-20-2022, 11:20 PM   #17
Wandermust

A TWELVE YEAR thread dredging!

I just read throught this thread having found it during a search comparing Lake Norman to Lake Winnipeasukee. Except for a few early posts with completely erroneous info about the water depth and the type of fish, the posts are still fairly accurate, even today.

I know this is a Winnipeasaukee forum but I'd like to hear an elaboration on what people mean when they were talking about how Norman doesn't compare to Winni.

I'm on Lake Norman now and have been thinking I might want to relocate to Lake Winnipeasaukee. My wife and I are growing tired of the heat in the spring/summer/fall. Winter is too short for us and the post about the laughable snow we get was spot on (except a couple of marina owners, boat owners and insurance companies would have words for you because snow had collapsed a couple in a spectacular fashion!).

The other thing we're not huge fans of is the crowds and the some of the extremists (and we're not even liberals!!). Some people complain about the overcrowding ON the lake but it's far worse OFF of the lake. The corrupt politicians let builders build massive housing/condo and even apartment complexs on 2 lane roads then act shocked when there are massive, daily traffic issues all year around.

We want to come up this year and check your area out. We put up a listing on some house swap site but I think it only has a few dozen people on it. If anyone knows of a real site that gets a lot of action, we might be interested in trading either temporarily (perhaps even permanently) our Lake Norman waterfront home for one of yours. I'm sure there are some folks there as tired of the cold as we are of the heat. Let's both make a massive mistake together!
Wandermust is offline   Reply With Quote