View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 08:12 AM   #18
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
It's not adding another No Wake Zone. It''s just putting a sign up to remind people. But that still doesn't make a difference because people don't seem to know what a wake is and Marine Patrol doesn't seem to enforce it.
Why does everyone fall back on the cause being the MP not enforcing rules. On any given boat ride, I see boats violating all sorts of laws and rules. There aren't enough MP boats, to be every where at once. However when they are where there are violations occurring, they have to make decisions on which one are most important to intervene on.

150' violations, and no-wake violations, unless there is a sense of endangerment or gross failure to obey, seem like issues I would prefer the MP, to let slip.... I would rather see them out, enforcing DUI issues, and dealing with people in distress....

Now back to the case at hand. People shouldn't be surprised by this.... Meredith created and has expanded a no wake zone. Other area's where boats congregate for access and entertainment are going to fallow suit it is just a mater of time. I for see Wolfeboro bay, going down this road as well. The one area where I am surprised there hasn't been a call for enlarging the no-wake area, is at the weirs....

All in all, as boats have become bigger, and boaters themselves less concerned about fellow boaters, the conditions on a body of water like Winnipesaukee are only going to continue to degrade in this aspect.