View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 08:21 AM   #37
Dave R

We've put over 200 hours on the "new" boat so far and having a great time, but miss Winnipesaukee at times and looking forward to getting back on it in a couple of weeks with some friends on their new boat.

We've made it as far north and east as Port Clyde in Maine and I gotta say the New England coast is just fantastic to cruise and teeming with life. We rarely don't see whales, dolphins, sunfish, and seals; always see a huge assortment of birds, and often see sharks in our travels. There are a surprising number of loons in salt water, was not expecting that this time of year. Based on the massive schools of fish we see (they create a huge dark shadow in the water), they likely eat well.

There is apparently no concept of "safe passage" between power boats in the salt and it's refreshing. It's great to be able to anchor overnight and we do it often. We also enjoy the plethora of available transient slips (municipal and private) in different ports. Still scratching my head about how these concepts lack support on Winnipesuakee, but I'm glad they are normal everywhere else.

We've met some really cool folks in anchorages and over the years have anchored overnight 50+ times without ever experiencing any problems with noise or bad behavior. Last week we shared an anchorage with 4 super yachts (one was 223' long) one night, and on another night, we shared one with some German folks who had recently crossed the Atlantic from Greece and were enjoying New England immensely.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave R For This Useful Post: