View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 02:09 PM   #175
Seaplane Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR
I've been on vaca at the lake this past week and have just now read this thread.I can't believe even the pro speed limit side would stoop so low as to turn this incident into the power boat having fault.Where did you people learn comman sense?I grew up all of my 49 years on the lake and can only cringe at the thought of going out on the water in a human powered craft without lights with power boats around.I was raised on a small NH lake(Baboosic) where there was very little night traffic but canoeing or kayaking without lights in powerboat traffic areas is insane,nevermind on a big lake like Winni!My boat is a PWC and I can't use that at night.I would never think that I did go out at night and someone hit me, that that craft would have any fault at all.Come on,give me a break with this crap.
The pro speed limit people are really losing credibility with arguments on this one.My instincts on agendas are usually right and it's becoming glaringly apparent on this one also.I really can't believe what I just read in this thread.
SS: I think we have to file this one under the: "Throw enough crap at the wall and sooner or later some of it will stick" department. Their arguments and positions are getting more and more rediculous by the month. After the speed limits they will try to ban nighttime driving, mark my words. I can only believe that by now the powers that be have finally understood their smoke and mirror tactics. What a joke.