View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 01:15 PM   #54
Woodsy

It is not that a vocal minority rules for the majority.... its that the majority is usually silent and doesn't really give a crap until whatever freedom/privilege/right is taken away. But by then its too late...

I have NO problem with No Wake Zones when it comes to safety.... most (not all) on Lake Winni are there for safety concerns. Others like the NWZ at the end of Meredith Bay kind of bug me. It was placed there for economic reasons (thanks to Rusty McClear & NH Hospitality) to benefit their business. There is no reason safety wise, that NWZ has to be so large.

I have a HUGE problem with No Rafting Zones.... They take away a resource and a freedom enjoyed by the PUBLIC to benefit PRIVATE property owners. In my opinion NRZ's should be abolished!

The Speed limit is what it is... it passed, they won. But just like on the highways, people tend to ignore it somewhat when they can...

The noise laws on the books now are sufficient. They were established with input from Boat builders, State & Federal governments. I don't think you will see a change in those anytime soon. If there were to be change... the current boats would be grandfathered anyway.

Woodsy