Thread: Coyote of Wolf?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 07:35 PM   #10
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
No.. I'm not a hunter, nor have I ever been a hunter. My property is pretty much "in town" Gilford along the Gunstock River and a posted no hunting zone, very residential.

I have no problem with hunting or hunters, I just couldn't kill any animal intentional. (Please, no debates from hunters.. I've got zero problems with you hunting, I just couldn't do it personally) I only hunt them with my camera! LOL
Steve:

It is a bad idea to feed deer for a number of reasons. It is illegal to feed them anytime in Vermont. It is illegal to feed deer during certain times in NH. Below is the state of NH's position on feeding deer:

Please do not feed the deer. Feeding deer makes them vulnerable to predation and vehicle collisions, among other things. Fed deer tend to travel more in the winter going between feeding sites and exhaust their fat stores. Unfed deer tend to travel less, stay in natural winter deer yards, and conserve their resources to survive the winter -- the natural survival strategies that have served them for eons. Another concern is that feeding deer can make them more vulnerable to disease. Diseases such as Chronic Wasting Disease could seriously threaten New Hampshire's deer herd, and feeding of deer creates the highest potential to spread the disease quickly if it shows up in the state. For more information on why you should not feed deer, click to download "More Harm Than Good"* (PDF, 956KB). To learn more about making your yard more attractive to wildlife -- naturally -- try downloading UNH Cooperative Extension's document, New Hampshire's Native Trees, Shrubs, and Vines With Wildlife Value*
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to secondcurve For This Useful Post: