Thread: Boating survey
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 06:29 PM   #22
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Association mooring accessed via association waterfront on Winnisquam!
Rent a slip at a marina on Winnipesaukee!
The best of both Winni!

Some slips are rented, some are SOA (Slip Owners Association)
Do you have one boat, and trailer back and forth, or do you have a boat at each location? I live in an association with a small lake 10 minutes from Alton Bay and keep a 17' boat on the assn. dock, and trailer a 23' boat to Alton Bay. So I have the little one during the week, and I spend weekends at the ZOO, (aka Winni)!! I don't mind the crowd on the water at all, I love boat, and people watching, it's half the fun for me, and I just stay on the boat when I'm on Winni on wkends cause I'm not fighting the crowd for any public docks... Fortunately for me, if I want to go out to eat somewhere around the lake, I live close enough to drive my car or motorcycle, no need to fight the battle for a public dock on the boat!! It's the chaos at the boat ramp I detest. However, I have figured out a way to avoid it for the most part, but, I'm sorry to say, it MUST remain "top secret"... I think I may start a post for " Rules for Boat ramp etiquette", because people get really stupid when it comes to trailering a boat!! The FIRST rule would be to have the boat ALL ready to launch when you get to the boat ramp, not "GET" the boat ready at the boat ramp, (while a "train" of trucks/trailers forms behind you)...

Last edited by Cal Coon; 05-08-2019 at 07:36 PM.
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote