View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 08:49 AM   #54
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Description from upgrade kit:

"This must-have upgrade will put your mind at ease. This kit will fix the design flaw caused by the stock bolts.The problem arises because the holes for the track bars (TB) are 9/16” while the factory bolts are 14mm. This creates a small clearance issue. The other issue is the factory bolts are completely threaded to the head. The threads come into contact with the metal sleeve in the bushing. Both of these factors will cause the bushing sleeve to wear down and become loose over a fairly short period of time causing damage and eventually death wobble. Our upgrade kit provides everything you need to replace the bolts for the Front Track Bar, and Rear Track Bar. New bolts will match factory 9/16” holes and new bolts have shoulder to prevent threads from coming into contact with bushing. Kit contains high strength Grade 8 hardware. Includes hardened extra thick washers (2 per bolt) that will not deform like standard washers and hex locking nuts. All hardware is yellow zinc to prevent rust."

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
That sounds like a great remedy if you are doing a lot of off road 4 wheeling. Where I am I don't see much of that. The ones I see are just regular daily drivers so they don't experience that kind of off road use. I've probably done about 10 track bars over the years and have never had one where the bolt holes where elongated, just worn out bushings.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote