View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 07:56 AM   #68
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by W Clarke View Post
You should be asking the question about how many near misses happen because of speeding boats. People like you try to twist the truth. There are too many near misses that could be avoided if boats traveled more slowly and cautiously. Who keeps track of near misses? For aircraft the FAA keeps track of close calls. Even with control towers, transponders and radar there are close calls with airplanes in the air and on the ground. You can find some statistics on that if you want to. No one keeps records like that about boats on the less controlled lake.

SBONH and the GFBL groups clamor about violations of the 150 foot rule. Go slower and there will be fewer safe passage violations because there will be more time to see and react to situations.

I hope that answers your question Chip.

Warner
Hi Warner, sorry but that does not come close to answering my question. My question was-how many times was a boat unable to avoid a collision?

I certainly cannot disagree about 150' rule violations, there are plenty of infractions across all bodies of water in NH. I see it all the time. However, I see it happen with all kinds of boats at any speed. In fact just Sunday I witnessed a pontoon boat plowing along at about 15MPH about 50' from shore. Completely oblivious to the law.