View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 10:12 AM   #14
Sunbeam lodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas Pilot View Post
If it's just text "copy then paste and match style".
I am sure this is not the right way to pass on the information but I came from a different Electronic age. You had to turn the crank handle on the telephone or use morse code.
Thanks.

Hi:
I received your pictures. They came through excellent. They brought back good memories to me! Thanks!
I have never seen Beaver Channel froze over.
We went up there one year in the winter but only to visit Lew & Gladys, we never ventured out on the lake. Lew had a snowmobile he use to go over to the island and check out the places for people. He use to watch the places on the islands and if anything happened he would notify them.
So from what I can see your place is about half way between Diddle cove and Fitcans place, am I right so far?
You only stay up there in the summer and you take the winters in Florida. Right?
Your place looks very relaxing but with all the neighbors around there, it can be a bit noisy at times, unless they are quiet people.
Yes! I know how the price range of places are up there. From time to time I check out the Realty Companies and see what is available.
A while back Veasey Camp #1 and #5 where for sale and they had a big price on them.
I found William Veasey in Holderness but his phone number was not listed.
I talked with my sister, who is older than I am and use to hang out with Billy and his sister Norma. We tried to find Norma but she is not listed. My sister said, her married name was Coliss (sp) but she may have gotten a divorce and remarried. So we hit a dead end there. We are still looking around and I will defiantly pass it on to you.
One thing that pops into my memory is, if you look from your place and to the right you will see what use to be a gray boathouse on the mainland and just a little to the right of that boathouse there was bell rock. There was a gentleman who lived way in Advent Cove and he couldn’t see the lake from his place. He loved to fish and so he placed a floating bell anchored to a large rock, just a little ways from the entrance to Advent Cove.
In the morning he use to get up and listen, if he heard the bell ringing, he knew it was to ruff on the lake to go fishing but if he didn’t hear the bell, then it was calm enough to go out. Over the years the bell is gone but that big rock! It’s still there!
Also did you know that the first owner of Big Beaver is buried there?
His remains are sealed in a ledge out back of the kitchen.
I am sorry to hear that Mr. Beaver has passed on. He seemed to be a nice person.
I remember going on the U.S. Mail Boat (Sophie C) and when the boat docked, Mr. Beaver had a dog that would leave the porch run along the path to the boathouse and out onto the dock. Take the mail pouch from the postmaster and bring the mail back to Mr. Beaver on the porch. I think the postmaster put a dog bone in the pouch as a payment for delivering the mail! Hahahahaha
Well! I’m starting to babble on here!! I’ll run along and if I find out anything I’ll pass it on. OK?
Sunbeam lodge is offline   Reply With Quote