View Single Post
Old 06-15-2021, 07:39 AM   #366
CowTimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Seaplane Adventures View Post
Thanks Richard,

That is not what happened at all. An email went out. The person who wrote it wasn't very smart and made threats of interfering withe the lawful operation of an aircraft. There was a Google doc also attached to this email where people could go and sign up to support this illegal activity.

The threats were credible and very real. Real enough for the authorities to feel the demonstration be called off.

This email, that went out to many people, is with the authorities as evidence of threats against the lawful operation of an aircraft.

No one threatened to make a list and turn people in who oppose the Seaplane.

These people made threats and put their own names voluntarily on this list.

Like many on this page you assumed and were incorrect in your assumptions.

There is a distinct difference.

They made the list, they made the threats. Not me.

Epic Seaplane Adventures
This is wildly inaccurate and a complete exaggeration to attempt to divert attention from the actual issues here. If a SINGLE individual made a comment about “interfering” with an aircraft, that is attributable to that person and only that person. I don’t think anyone in this community condones that, and in all reality, it was most likely someone blowing off steam with no actual intent to do such things, but regardless, that should never have happened. (And unless there was an actual investigation beyond reading the email, there is nothing to support the concept that it was a “credible” threat. In fact, you mentioned that the authority was the town police chief, which if I recall correctly does not even have jurisdiction on the lake, so I don’t buy the story to begin with. And just so you know, if, as appears to be the case, you were never the intended recipient of the email, it is not a criminal threat to begin with. That doesn’t excuse the behavior, but it’s not criminal.)

There was no list to sign up to do a mass blockade. Emails went around to community members with a google doc excel to (I) sign up for a listserv so that folks that oppose the seaplane base could keep updated among themselves, and (ii) keep track of who reached out to the selectmen in opposition. If a SINGLE person on that listserv sent around an email, that is attributable only to that person. So stop putting an entire community into a “they” category when at most this was ONE person who likely made some stupid comments in an email in the heat of the moment.
CowTimes is offline   Reply With Quote