View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 02:52 PM   #37
winterh

Quote:
Originally Posted by castlebreakfast View Post
This is interesting as this is the scenario that would be great for us if my folks sell the house - we'd love to be able to rent the place moving forward - may I ask if you set up a deal in the contract when you bought the place off them that ensured they'd be able to stay each year as renters? And is it ever annoying for you when you want to go up to your house and can't because they are there (not sure if you rent it out to others as well)? And also if you don't mind me asking - how much of a discount do you give them? Thank you
There was no agreement and I would probably not want one. The people I bought from were very nice and it just kind of happened naturally as we met and talked about the property and how it was in the family for years. I use the house plenty so do not mind giving up a week or so here and there. They don't come that often but in my situation I would not mind if they did. Everyones situation is different though. At first I gave them a big break on price but they now insist on paying at least close to market rates. When I do rent I am always happy to take less from someone I know will be a good tenant. At least in my case everyone is happy.
winterh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winterh For This Useful Post: