View Single Post
Old 03-09-2020, 07:32 AM   #69
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
As usual you miss the point. It’s not about accumulating material things but about achieving excellence. Have you ever known anyone who risked everything to achieve success. Fortunately I’ve been influenced by many family and friends who have taken a risk, believed in what they were doing and built businesses that employed a lot of people and made them financially wealthy. They were never driven by accumulating wealth. They were interested in building something. And by the way, these people are kind, generous and act in a manner that you would even approve.

People who are jealous of success focus on material things because it’s easy to focus on.
Like I said, I judge people by the way they act, not by how wealthy they are.
I'm certainly not jealous of anyone that works hard and becomes wealthy but not all wealth is achieved in this way.
I also know very many "wealthy" people. Some I have great admiration for but some have been changed by their wealth. Those are the ones I no longer associate with regardless of how hard they worked for it.
"Money is the root of all evil", when the will is read the knives come out!
When you pass no one really cares about what you built. It's what gets passed down that everyone will be fighting for.
If it's a small family camp on the lake then that, IMO is "priceless".
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Biggd For This Useful Post: