View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 02:25 PM   #36
bigdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
I think you can call the Assessing Dept and get the addresses of comps that you can then look up on line to compare to your property. The tax cards also give some history of assessments and sales.
Descant,
I went to the Gilford Assessor's office and they provided me the addresses of Comps used. The Comps used were from Sales between 5/1/18 - 9/30/19. that you can then look up on line to compare to your property. I purchased my property 6/1/18, but it is not on that list, and not sure why ?

I did notice an address on that list, on my same road, only a few houses away, the sales price and assessment value was a difference of about $13k. $329k vs $$352k respectively. That house was purchased in Apr 2018.

My house was purchased in June 2018, for $329k and new assessed for $396k
Thats a tax valuation difference of $67k. So what makes my neighbor's house worth $45k less than my house, I have no idea ???? I have made NO improvements to my property since I moved in.

Honestly, I don't think if I put my house up for sale, I could get $396, not could I get a mortgage for that amount. If you want to buy my house for $400k, let's do the deal, you can have it all, I'll just take my clothes !
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote